||Ensure fiscal responsibility
OBJECTIVE — Facilitate
the provision of physical, social and cultural infrastructure in
a coordinated and cost effective manner
The ACT and surrounding NSW governments should enable
and encourage economic and employment growth that provides for
regional benefits and acknowledges the value of key regional infrastructure.
- Infrastructure will be provided to correspond
with land release and development to meet the projected demand
for additional dwellings.
- Infrastructure will be provided to
facilitate and support effective growth of employment centres.
- The outward spread of the city will be contained.
This will help to ensure that existing ACT school sites, health
care sites and other facilities are used to maximum efficiency,
and that existing facilities can continue to operate efficiently.
- ACT to work cooperatively with Commonwealth,
NSW and local governments to achieve planning outcomes that
ensure residents have appropriate access to services and infrastructure
across the ACT and surrounding NSW.
- Development of a Regional
Management Framework between ACT and NSW Governments to ensure
cooperative management of critical issues, such as water
supply, urban development programs, including location, sequencing
and timing of urban development and related urban infrastructure
such as roads.
- Participate in the development of the Sydney-Canberra
- Development and redevelopment sites within
existing urban areas will be identified and planned to ensure
a full range of housing types is provided to maximise the
efficient use of existing social infrastructure.
- An investment
strategy will be developed to ensure that infrastructure
is provided in a coordinated and efficient manner.
- Agreed delivery program including
funding for services and infrastructure across all
levels of government in the ACT and surrounding NSW.
- Efficient use of existing school
and other existing services and facilities.
- Per capita expenditure on capital works program
for new and upgraded infrastructure.
- Per capita expenditure
on recurrent service delivery program.